Role: Customer Support Manager
Reports to: VP of Operations
ITC Systems is a pioneer in offline cash management systems throughout North America. With a renewed focus on Software as a Service, the company is rapidly expanding our higher education, library, K-12, corporation, independent living, entertainment, and prison sectors. ITC has expanded its product offering from seamless Campus OneCard transactions, coin/credit/debit hardware, and managed print services to secure cloud-based OneCard, cash management and secure stored value, cloud pay-for-print, point of sale, mobile food ordering, kitchen KDS, mobile food lockers, and credit/debit clearing.
ITC Systems is seeking a Customer Support Manager to deliver an elevated technical support program for our diverse product line and customer base.
Working closely with our Software and Hardware Technicians and the Customer Success, Engineering, Validation and Leadership teams, your mandate is to ensure that all customer support needs are handled personably, rapidly, effectively and to the highest standard.
- Oversee the daily operations of the customer support department
- Ensure that all incoming tickets are being triaged, assigned and prioritized appropriately
- Ensure that level of service delivered by the team is aligned with company’s customer-centric strategy
- Ensure that cases are escalated as needed, and maintain high levels of engagement and visibility
- Work with engineering and validation teams to ensure awareness and timely turnaround of support items
- Be responsible for all departmental metrics, such as case statistics and customer satisfaction ratings
- Oversee the scheduling of support team shifts to ensure adequate staffing on all support channels
- Onboard, train, coach and mentor Tier 1 customer support representatives
- Assist with Tier 1 and case intake channels as needed
- Carry out performance reviews for direct reports and assist with reviews of Tier 2 support
- Ensure that team performance and positive feedback are captured in the employee recognition process
- Oversee and spearhead the creation of a support knowledge base
- Champion best practices of data capture and maintenance in CRM
- Contribute to the maintenance of Customer 360 data in CRM
- Drive the creation of internal training and support materials for support team
- Work with technical leadership to identify knowledge gaps and coordinate training for support team
- Work with leadership on strategies and processes to elevate the customer support experience
- Maintain support team playbooks and other documentation
- Ensure that daily support team operations are aligned with the company’s vision and customer goals
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or equivalent
- Experience on a customer support or service team, preferably at a tech company
- Demonstrated experience leading a team or initiatives to provide a high level of customer experience
- Experience in a management or supervisor role
- Experience working with technical delivery teams
- Experience with Salesforce and Service Cloud is an asset, but not required
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with a high level of initiative and a self-starter approach
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- A demonstrated interest in providing the highest level of service and customer satisfaction
- Ability to take a lead on communication with customers in a responsive, thoughtful and diplomatic manner
- Confidence and initiative in reaching out to customers proactively to address concerns, ongoing issues and/or to facilitate and expedite resolutions
- Ability to respond to changes in department goals, processes and priorities, and to drive change across team
- Experience mentoring or coaching colleagues in the area of customer support or client relations
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest in joining ITC Systems. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
ITC Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you have or anticipate any accommodation needs, kindly include the details alongside your application, so that our team can make adequate preparations.